TEMPORARY PROTECTION VISA (SUBCLASS 785)
A Temporary Protection Visa ( TPV ) is valid for up to 3 years. You might be eligible for a TPV if you :
- Arrive in Australia illegally
- Lodge a valid application
- Are assessed as engaging Australia’s protection obligations.
- Meet other requirements such as health , security and character checks.
You and any eligible family members must be in Australia when you apply for this Visa.
SAFE HAVEN ENTERPRISE VISA (SUBCLASS 790)
A Safe Haven Enterprise Visa ( SFIEV ) is a temporary protection visa that is valid for 5 years. It is designed to encourage people to work and study in regional Australia.
You might be eligible for a SHEV if :
- You arrive in Australia illegally
- You lodge a valid application
- You are assessed as engaging Australia’s protection obligations.
- You meet other requirements , such as health , security and character checks.
- At least one member of your family unit declares an intention to work and /or study in regional Australia.
You and any eligible family members included in the application must be in Australia when you apply for this Visa.
The SHEV also provide a pathway for holders who work and / or study in regional Australia to apply for certain other visas in Australia such as a family or skilled visa ( but excludes a permanent protection visa.)
You can meet the SHEV pathway’ requirements iffor 3 1/2 year while on this visa ,you have been :
- Employed in regional Australia and have not received special benefit payments or
- Enrolled in full-time study in regional Australia ,or • A combination of the above.
To become eligible to apply for other visas in Australia a SHEV holder will need to either :
- Meet the SHEV pathway requirements individually and apply separately for a visa or
- Meet the SHEV pathway requirements and include their family as dependent applicants in the visa application ,or
- Have a member of their family unit who has met the pathway requirements include them in the visa application as a dependent applicant.
PERMANENT PROTECTION VISA (SUBCLASS 866)
This is a permanent resident visa which may be granted to those who arrive in Australia lawfully. You may fulfil the requirements for this visa if :
- You meet Australia’s protection obligations in that you have a well founded fear persecution due to race , religion , political opinion ,nationality or being a member of a particular social group.
- You meet the complementary protection requirements. For this there has to be a real risk if you return to your home country and will suffer from either :Arbitrary deprivation of life
- Death penalty
- Cruel treatment / punishment
- Degrading treatment or punishment
— You are not barred from lodging a protection visa.
— The minister is satisfied that the grant of visa is in the national interest