WHEN YOU CAN CANCEL A SERVICE
If you have a major problem with a service or a minor problem that can’t be fixed within a reasonable time you have the right to cancel a service contract, when it is:
• provided with an unacceptable level of care and skill
• unfit for the purpose you asked for
• not delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.
SERVICES YOU CAN’T CANCEL
You must pay for services you’ve received under a service contract that worked as expected.You can’t cancel a service contract or get a refund if the problem was outside our control or if you:
• changed your mind
• insisted on having a proces in a particular way, against our advice
• failed to clearly explain your needs to the us.
• If you’ve paid for the service and it has already started or been delivered
CANCELLING YOUR SERVICE
If you have a problem with a service, take the following steps:
• Contact us verbally or in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org to explain the problem. If we cannot fix the service in a reasonable time, state that you want to cancel the service contract.
• Show proof of purchase with a receipt or bank statement.
For more information under Australian Competition and Consumer Commission policy visit: ACCC